101 James Doolittle Boulevard
Uniondale, NY 11553
Foundations in Feeding and Speech Clarity: New Horizons in Oral Placement Therapy"
(1.2 ASHA/AOTA CEUs)
Join Sara Rosenfeld-Johnson and three other expert SLPs as they discuss four revolutionary approaches for improving speech clarity and feeding safety, all of which are applicable to clients from birth through geriatrics with a wide variety of diagnoses. Therapists will walk away with various feeding and oral placement exercises involving highly successful and motivating therapy tools. Parents will learn how to become an integral team member in an oral placement/feeding/speech therapy program. Learn "hands-on" therapeutic techniques which parents and therapists can practice with clients to improve feeding safety and speech clarity.
- A Sensory Motor Approach to Feeding through the Ages
- Oral Placement Therapy (OPT) for Improving Speech Clarity
- From OPT to Speech: Transition Techniques for Clients with Oral Placement Disorders and Apraxia
- Clinical Parameters of OPT for Individuals with Autism and Challenging Behaviors
- The participant will identify at least three factors which influence the oral phase of feeding.
- The participant will identify at least two pre-feeding and two therapeutic feeding techniques.
- The participant will identify at least three muscle-based factors that influence the development of standard speech clarity.
- The participant will be able to use at least 4 new therapy techniques to improve speech clarity in both children and adults.
- Participant will be able to apply 2-3 new techniques to transition from OPT to speech production.
- Participants will be able to identify at least 3 current therapies being used by SLPs who work with clients on the autistic spectrum.
- Participants will be able to identify and use two types of reinforcements to utilize with a child on the autistic spectrum.
Plus a Question and Answer period after each segment!