Social networking advice for job seekers.
10 Things You MUST Do on LinkedIn
1. Make sure your profile is 100 percent complete.
2. Import your existing contacts and invite them to connect.
3. Join groups that are relevant to your industry and engage in the conversation.
4. Send a customized note when inviting new contacts to connect.
5. Update your status at least once a week and share news links.
6. Add applications like Tweets and Reading List by Amazon.
7. Search for events and find out which events your connections are attending.
8. Post a question, or reply to one, on LinkedIn Answers.
9. Search for and apply to jobs that are posted.
10. Research your target companies and look for relevant contacts.
Has social networking helped you find a job? Tell us your story on Facebook.