cooking with candy,
For kids, Halloween is all about dressing up in costumes and collecting enough candy to last them until Christmas. Why not make obtaining Halloween treats more of a family affair by heading over to the kitchen and cooking up your own festive sweets. Try this quick and easy recipe for chocolate Goblin Delights.
3 6-ounce packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chopped, dried mixed fruit (type used for fruit cake)
dash of salt.
• Line bottom of a 9-inch square pan with waxed paper.
• Put chocolate chips, milk, and salt into saucepan. Melt mixture over low heat, stirring
constantly. When mixture is completely melted, remove from heat.
• Add vanilla and fruit. Stir with wooden spoon to blend mixture thoroughly.
• Pour mixture into lined pan and spread evenly with a rubber spatula.
• Place pan in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
• After it's chilled, invert onto cutting board and cut into 1-inch squares. Create different
shapes by rolling squares in your hands or flattening them, short, round, be creative.
Fun and Easy Halloween Recipes to Make with the Kids: Chocolate Witch Hair
Fun and Easy Halloween Recipes to Make with the Kids: Bewitching Cocoa Bites
Get Your FREE Indoor Activity eGuide!
More Recipes Articles
Get Crafty with Halloween Ghosts
Recipes and Creative Ideas for Summer Picnics, BBQs, and Parties
Homemade Snack: Sunflower Oat Bars
5 BBQ Recipes with Watermelon
Tacos and Quesadillas: 2 Kid-Friendly Recipes by Chef George Duran
Be a good fellow parent and share this with a friend who would be interested
Local Recipes Sponsors
See Our Recipes Directory