FUN AND EASY HALLOWEEN RECIPES TO MAKE WITH THE KIDS: GOBLIN DELIGHTS
|by NYMetroParents Staff|
Related: recipe, kids, kid, recipes, cooking, baking, cook, bake, easy, fun, fun food, easy recipe, holiday food, Halloween recipe, Halloween, witch, chocolate recipe, chocolate, Halloween chocolate, Halloween candy, cooking with candy, candy recipes,
For kids, Halloween is all about dressing up in costumes and collecting enough candy to last them until Christmas. Why not make obtaining Halloween treats more of a family affair by heading over to the kitchen and cooking up your own festive sweets. Try this quick and easy recipe for chocolate Goblin Delights.
3 6-ounce packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chopped, dried mixed fruit (type used for fruit cake)
dash of salt
• Line bottom of a 9-inch square pan with waxed paper.
• Put chocolate chips, milk, and salt into saucepan. Melt mixture over low heat, stirring
constantly. When mixture is completely melted, remove from heat.
• Add vanilla and fruit. Stir with wooden spoon to blend mixture thoroughly.
• Pour mixture into lined pan and spread evenly with a rubber spatula.
• Place pan in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
• After it's chilled, invert onto cutting board and cut into 1-inch squares. Create different
shapes by rolling squares in your hands or flattening them, short, round, be creative.
Article courtesy of the National Confectioners Association. For more fun and festive Halloween recipes, visit www.candyusa.com.
More Food & Nutrition Articles
Easy Holiday Dessert: Frozen Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
Witches Brew Recipe for Halloween by MOMables
Halloween Treats: Eyeball Cake Pops, Monster 'Toes,' and 'Rotten' Apple Punch
5 Tips for Cooking with Kids Who Have Special Needs
Easy Recipe for New Cooks: Creamy Tomato and Rice Basil Soup