HEALTHY HALLOWEEN RECIPE: PUMPKIN PANCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE FILLING
|by Catherine McCord|
Related: pumpkin pancakes, recipe, pumpkin pancakes with chocolate filling, halloween recipe, halloween breakfast, halloween treat, healthy halloween recipe, weelicious,
Start Halloween morning out right with these devilishly delicious pumpkin pancakes stuffed with a creamy chocolate filling. This healthy recipe is from Catherine McCord, the mom behind all those nutritious ideas at Weelicious.com.
Makes 18 pancakes
1 cup white flour
1/2 cup whole wheat
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 large egg
1 1/4 cup whole milk
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing the pan
1 cup pumpkin puree, canned
1 cup cream cheese
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp honey
1. Sift the first six ingredients for pancakes in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients for pancakes.
3. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet until combined; it is OK if there are some lumps.
4. Heat a large sauté pan or griddle over medium heat and grease with oil.
5. Drop about 2 tbsp of the pancake mixture onto the griddle and cook for two minutes on each side, until golden.
6. Set aside and allow to cool.
7. In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the filling until smooth.
8. Place 1 tbsp of the filling between two pancakes to make a sammie.
9. Continue to make the rest of the sammies.
*Tip: use an ice cream scooper to drop the pancake batter onto the griddle for perfectly round pancakes
Catherine McCord, mom to Kenya (4) and Chloe (2), posts her own quick, nutritious recipes daily at her acclaimed blog Weelicious.com. The ease of her recipes, which rely on fresh but minimal ingredients, make her blog a go-to destination for busy parents who want to make the most of their time and still feed their family well.
Also see: More healthy and delicious Halloween-inspired recipes from Weelicious
More Recipes Articles
Witches Brew Recipe for Halloween by MOMables
Halloween Treats: Eyeball Cake Pops, Monster 'Toes,' and 'Rotten' Apple Punch
Easy Recipe for New Cooks: Creamy Tomato and Rice Basil Soup
Three Birthday Cakes That Look Like Other Treats
Carve A Watermelon For Halloween This Year