Lunchables introduces new lunch packs with a full serving of fruit to promote healthy eating and a balanced diet.
The brand long-known for putting smiles on kids' faces is introducing a new line that's sure to make mom smile too. New Lunchables with Fruit provide a full serving of fruit with DOLE® Mandarin Oranges or Pineapple Tidbits in 100% fruit juice. Available in four varieties, the wholesome new products also include bread or crackers made with whole grain. The introduction of new Lunchables with Fruit is supported by a fully integrated, multi-platform marketing campaign, the largest in the brand's 22-year history.
"We continue to listen to our consumers and stay committed to making Lunchables Lunch Combinations a wholesome choice for moms and more enjoyable for kids. Fruit was the number one requested item for packed lunches."
The advertising campaign features colorful, eye-catching pictures of happy kids with orange peel smiles and pineapple ring glasses. To "Keep the Smiles Coming", the Lunchables team will kick-off the campaign with a national call-to-action, partnering with Feeding America®, the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief organization, to donate up to one million pounds of fresh fruit to families who need it the most. According to a recent study by Feeding America®, 45% of emergency food programs (kitchens, food pantries, and shelters) surveyed say they need more fresh fruits and vegetables.
"We continue to listen to our consumers and stay committed to making Lunchables Lunch Combinations a wholesome choice for moms and more enjoyable for kids. Fruit was the number one requested item for packed lunches," said Joe Fragnito, Director of Marketing, Lunchables. "We wanted to create a fun, larger-than-life campaign to celebrate our exciting product news and give our consumers a chance to help keep the smiles coming across America."
Fun and Fruit Four Ways
New Lunchables Lunch Combinations with Fruit are available now in the refrigerated section of grocery stores with a suggested retail price of $2.99 per pack. The four recipes each contain a full serving of fruit with DOLE® Mandarin Oranges or Pineapple Tidbits in 100% fruit juice. The new varieties, Peanut Butter + Jelly Sandwich, Turkey + Cheddar Cracker Stackers, Ham + American Cracker Stackers and Extra Cheesy Pizza, also contain bread or crackers made with whole grain.
Fruit in Unexpected Places
Anchored by interactive out-of-home executions in New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago, the "Keep the Smiles Coming" campaign also includes print and TV advertising, a mobile tour, stepped-up social media activity and updated packaging. Details include:
- A Times Square takeover with the first-ever brand coordinated media buy in Times Square. On May 17, seven of the most prominent digital video billboards will feature Lunchables with Fruit
- Five interactive digital storefronts in high traffic areas with facial-recognition technology enabling consumers to update and share fruit photos
- Print ads in national weekly magazines, including a high-impact six-page insert with a textured orange page in the People Magazine Royal Wedding issue (May 2, 2011)
- A kick-off event in New York City's Times Square on May 17, transforming the "Big Apple" into the "Big Orange" with a giant fruit photo moment with celebrity spokesperson, dad and star of NCIS: Los Angeles, Chris O'Donnell
- A mobile tour with interactive fruit-themed games and photo booth
- A robust public relations effort with social and traditional media
Keep the Smiles Coming from Home
With moms and kids smiling about new Lunchables with Fruit, the Lunchables team wants to "Keep the Smiles Coming," encouraging moms to share their family's fruit photos at www.Facebook.com/Lunchables. Every family that uploads a photo and uses the fruit photo app to add an orange smile, pineapple mohawk or pineapple glasses will trigger a 10 pound donation of fresh fruit to Feeding America®, up to one million pounds. Participating families also can choose which state will receive their donation and earn a $1 off coupon via sharing their photo for new Lunchables with Fruit, while supplies last.
For more about Lunchables Lunch Combinations, visit www.Lunchables.com.
Article courtesy of Businesswire.