All kids love to trick-or-treat, but remember these important guidelines to ensure that your kids remain safe...
• Always travel in small groups, accompanied by an adult if under the age of 12.
• Refrain from dressing up in very long costumes and oversized shoes, which can easily cause you to trip.
• Walk, do not run, from house to house.
• Travel only in familiar neighborhoods.
• Only stop at houses or apartment buildings that are well lit.
• Remain outside the door and never enter a person’s home.
• Wear reflective tape on costumes and bags so you are visible to traffic and other trick-or-treaters.
• Always walk on sidewalks. In neighborhoods with no sidewalks, walk on the left side of the street, facing traffic.
• Always cross streets as a group on established crosswalks.
• Whenever possible, use makeup instead of masks. Besides being uncomfortable, masks can obstruct a child’s view of traffic, steps, and holiday decorations.
• Never eat candy before returning home and having a parent or responsible adult inspect it.
Visit www.toxicwastecandy.com for more Halloween safety tips.