OUT OF THIS WORLD REESE'S PIECES RECIPES
|by NYMetroParents Staff|
Related: reese's pieces recipes, flying saucer cookies, extra-terrestrial snack mix, alien-inspired recipe,
Check out these recipes for Flying Saucer Cookies and Extra-Terrestrial Snack Mix featuring Reese's Pieces and inspired by the 30th anniversary of "E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial."
Though it hit movie theaters for the first time 30 years ago, "E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial" is a classic tale of friendship and adventure with a message that still rings true and a cast of characters that have influenced Halloween costumes ever since. This Halloween, you can introduce your kids to the magical film as it's released on Blu-ray for the first time. E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial Anniversary Edition, released Oct. 9, features a digitally remastered picture that delivers six times the resolution of DVD, as well as 7.1 surround sound. The Blu-ray Combo Pack includes the 1982 theatrical movie, an all-new interview with director Steven Spielberg, and “The E.T. Journals” featuring never-before-seen footage from the set of the film.
ENTER OUR GIVEAWAY for a chance to win 1 of 5 copies of E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial Anniversary Edition.
Whether or not you'll be sporting an alien costume this Halloween, check out these tasty E.T.-inspired treats featuring Reese's Pieces, courtesy of Hershey Kitchens.
Flying Saucer Cookies
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1-1/4 cups sugar
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa or Hershey's Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
About 2 cups Reese's Pieces candy
1. Heat oven to 325°F. Beat butter, sugar, water and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Add egg; beat well.
2. Stir together flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Gradually add to sugar mixture, beating until well blended.
3. For each cookie, roll 1 level measuring tablespoon dough into ball. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten to make 2-inch circle. Alternating colors arrange 3 brown, 3 yellow and 3 orange candies to form circle along outside edge of cookie. Pinch off pea-sized piece of dough (level 1/4 measuring teaspoon); roll in ball. Flatten ball and place in center of circle formed by the candies.
4. Bake 10 minutes or until cookie edges are set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Extra-Terrestrial Snack Mix
4 cups bite-size crispy wheat squares cereal
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons sugar
3 cups dry roasted salted peanuts or sunflower kernels
1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
1 cup Reese's Pieces candy
1. Stir together cereal and butter in large bowl. Sprinkle sugar evenly over cereal.
2. Stir in all remaining ingredients. Store in tightly covered container. Makes about eight 1-cup servings.
More PRODUCTS Articles
Mitzvah Market Develops B'Nai Mitzvah Planning Software
12 Things to Consider When Buying Sunglasses
Pop-Up Fashion Boutique Opens Storefront in Dobbs Ferry
NYMP Q&A: The Parenthood Paradox
Recipes for Basil Pineapple Fried Rice and Granola Banana Bran Muffins