diy halloween costume,
duct tape halloween costume,
Looking for a simple last-minute Halloween costume that you can make? We've got step-by-step directions from Scotch Duct Tape for a DIY Duct Tape mask and cape.
- Scotch® Color & Pattern Duct Tape of your choice (We used Green Apple, Jet Black, and Violet purple for the cape and Tangerine Orange, Violet Purple, and Pearl White for the mask.)
- Trash Bag
- X-ACTO Knife
- White plastic mask
Instructions for Cape:
- Choose the colors and patterns you’d like to use to craft and decorate your Halloween cape.
- Sketch the desired design of the cape on paper based on the proportions for the wearer.
- Measure and cut trash bag using the sketch as a guide.
- Use the X-ACTO Knife to scallop the bottom and cut any desired designs from your sketch into the hood or edge of the cape.
- Cover trash bag in the desired base color. (We used Jet Black Scotch® Color & Pattern Duct Tape.)
- Cut 1- and 2-inch strips of the Scotch® Color & Pattern Duct Tape of your choice to use as the design strips for the back of the cape.
- Place strips on the back of the cape until the desired pattern is created.
- Poke holes in the top and string coordinating ribbon through the holes to act as a fastener for the cape
Instructions for Mask:
- Choose the colors and patterns you’d like to use to craft and decorate your Halloween mask.
- Cover the entire mask with the desired base color. (We used Pearl White Scotch® Color & Pattern Duct Tape.)
- Tape two pieces of the Scotch® Color & Pattern Duct Tape of your choice together.
- Cut the combined tapes into long, thin triangles using the X-ACTO Knife.
- Secure the triangle cut-outs to the top of the mask.
- Use the X-ACTO Knife to cut long and thin strips of the accent colors (we used Tangerine Orange and Violet Purple) and place them creatively on the mask.
- Use Scotch® Precision scissors to ensure even, clean cuts.
- Overlap tape carefully to ensure the pattern edges from each piece line up correctly.
- Press firmly to guarantee a smooth and secure result.
- Get the kids to help! This is a fun and safe project to work on together.
DIY Halloween Duct Tape Doormat
Duck Brand's Stick or Treat Jack-O-Lantern Contest
Easy DIY Halloween Costumes from Local Moms
Get Your FREE Indoor Activity eGuide!
More Halloween Articles Articles
Get into the Spooky Spirit with a Disney Halloween Playlist
7 Creative Pumpkin Recipes from a Celebrity Caterer
Turn Pictures of Yourself into Vampires and Demons with PicMonkey
Ask the Expert: How Can I Handle My Tween's Mysterious Halloween Behavior?
Halloween Events and Activities for Kids in the NYC Area
Be a good fellow parent and share this with a friend who would be interested
Local Halloween Articles Sponsors
See Our Halloween Articles Directory