NYC Public Schools are Dropping Traditional Grades for K-8 Students due to Coronavirus Closings
Grades will be dropped for all city public school students except high schoolers to accommodate the thousands of students now missing classrooms and in-person instruction.
Get kid-friendly activities sent to you!
Get the Best Family Activities
- Parents are required to fill out a device request form, one for each child who needs a device.
- There is no deadline to fill out this request form.
- Teachers and school staff can submit a request on behalf of their students.
- Families must fill out the Student Device Loan Agreement.
- There is a limit of one device per student.
- All devices must be returned once on-site learning resumes.
- iPads are being distributed on a rolling basis each week.
- Priority is given to students who are most in need.
- You can cancel a device request at any time if your child’s needs change.
To keep up with further developments for your student, head to the DOE website. And remember: balancing working from home and homeschooling your student is difficult. Figuring out how to be a teacher for the first time can be even trickier, no matter what kind of grade your child will be getting at the end of the year. There are ways to manage your new role as an educator and balance that with working from home.