PUMPKIN SEED AND PANKO-CRUSTED CHICKEN
|by NYMetroParents Staff||September 17, 2013|
Related: chicken crusted with pumpkin seeds, panko and pumpkin seed crusted chicken, fall chicken recipe, fish crusted with pumpkin seeds, chicken and pumpkin seed dish,
This easy recipe for chicken breasts crusted in panko and whole pumpkin seeds makes a great family dinner in the fall. You can also try this recipe with your favorite fish filet in place of the chicken.
2 chicken breasts
2 cups of panko
2 cups of pumpkin seeds
4 whole eggs beaten
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tbsp. salt (kosher)
1 tbsp. fine chopped oregano leaves
1 tbsp. orange zest
1 cup sunflower oil
1 tbsp. black pepper
1. You need 2 chicken breasts, sliced in half. Pound them down lightly until they are ¼ inch thick.
2. In three separate bowls: Put flour in one bowl, eggs in another bowl, and the panko, pumpkin seeds, salt, black pepper, chopped oregano, and orange zest in the third bowl.
3. Coast the chicken breast with flour, dip into beaten eggs, then dip into the panko bowl.
4. In a sauté pan, heat up the oil at medium heat. Lightly sauté the coated chicken breast until it reaches a golden color – about 1 minute on each side.
5. In the meantime, pre-heat oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Place the chicken breast onto a sheet pan and cook it for an additional 10-15 minutes.
*Note: You can also use your favorite fish fillet instead of chicken. You may put it in the oven for less time or you may finish in a pan.
More Food & Nutrition Articles
Witches Brew Recipe for Halloween by MOMables
Halloween Treats: Eyeball Cake Pops, Monster 'Toes,' and 'Rotten' Apple Punch
5 Tips for Cooking with Kids Who Have Special Needs
Easy Recipe for New Cooks: Creamy Tomato and Rice Basil Soup
How to Teach Kids to Separate Food and Feelings