Fall is in full swing, Halloween is behind us, and Thanksgiving is just around the corner (which means Christmas and Hanukkah can’t be far behind!). The weather might be getting colder and the sun setting earlier, but there’s plenty of fun to be had in our region during November. Here are our favorite things to do with kids in NYC and the suburbs during November:
1) Make Thanksgiving more meaningful and fresh with these 10 new Thanksgiving traditions to try with your family.
2) Looking for something to do with those leftover Halloween pumpkins? Make these yummy pumpkin desserts: pumpkin parfaits, pumpkin cream cookies, and tofu pumpkin pie!
3) Tell us how your child—or your whole family—volunteers to help other through community service by entering the NYMetroParents Caring Kids Awards after Nov. 1. We’ll be featuring the great stories you submit in our magazines and website, and eight winners will receive $500 gift cards.
4) Want to start helping others by doing community service this Thanksgiving season? Find out where to volunteer near you.
5) Find the best things to do with kids for Thanksgiving in NYC, Long Island, and Westchester, Rockland, and Fairfield counties.
6) Head to Storm King Art Center with kids of all ages before it closes for the winter.
7) Spend the day at the Queens Museum if you’re looking for indoor fun as the weather gets colder.
8) See the beautiful fall foliage--nearby or a day-trip away.
9) Find tons more to do this season with our guide to fall activities in the NY area.
10) Find the best kids' activities right in your in-box with our weekly newsletter, or search for local family events in our calendar.