→ Family Outings
July 25, 2016
It’s bound to be scorching hot in August, but don’t let that keep your family bored at home. Whether you decide to brave the heat for an outdoor activity, head to a museum or other indoor-fun venue, or get out of town for a vacation or day trip, there are endless choices for family fun in our region this month. So make the most of the final month of summer break with our list of top things to do with kids in New York City and beyond in the month of August.
1. Saddle up for horseback riding at one of these area stables in NYC and the surrounding suburbs.
2. Pick your own berries and other fresh fruit and vegetables at one of these area farms.
3. Head to one of the many late-summer fairs and festivals in the region, including the medieval-themed Renaissance Faire in the town of Tuxedo.
4. Get original with the grill and fire it up for these yummy and original grilled desserts.
5. Head to the Land of Make Believe in New Jersey for a water park, amusement park rides, and a rare summer Santa sighting, all designed with the littlest kids in mind.
Chappaqua Children’s Book Festival Coming in October
Family Activities in Times Square
A Super Tour for Superhero Fans
Best-Kept Secrets of Cantiague Park
Sports for Kids
Child Care Options
Family Health Guide
Special Needs Guide
Aug 22, 2017
Aug 18, 2017
Aug 17, 2017
Aug 14, 2017
Jul 07, 2017
Jun 26, 2017
Aug 09, 2017
If you have a bright child who seems to be losing interest in school, it may not be because they do not like it, they might just be bored.
Stefanie Wolf, Au.D., a clinical audiologist at Audiology of Nassau County in Rockville Centre, explains what swimmers ear is, what causes swimmers ear, the symptoms of swimmers ear, and how to treat and prevent swimmers ear.
| All Rights
Reserved | Davler Media
| SEE ALL REGIONS
Get NYMetroParents in Your Inbox
Get NYMetroParents via Email