facts about pregnancy,
myths about pregnancy,
emily oster pregnancy,
modern pregnancy guidelines,
Based on Emily Oster's book on modern pregnancy, "Expecting Better: How To Fight The Pregnancy Establishment With Facts," a quiz to see whether you know fact from fiction when it comes to modern pregnancy guidelines.
Pregnancy is full of rules. But are they all right? Take this quiz to find out.
True or False?
1. Amniocentesis is a must for all pregnant women over the age of 35.
2. It is better to gain less weight when pregnant than more.
3. Wine should be prohibited for the duration of a pregnancy.
4. Changing cat litter is more dangerous for a pregnant woman than gardening.
5. Sushi should be avoided at all costs when pregnant.
6. Pregnancy nausea may be unpleasant, but it’s a good sign; women who are sick are less likely to miscarry.
7. Many labor inductions can be avoided by staying hydrated.
8. Having a doula during labor can lower the chance of a C-section.
9. There is no evidence that bed rest is helpful in preventing or treating any complications of pregnancy.
10. You should not worry about dyeing your hair during pregnancy.
1. F; 2. F; 3. F; 4. F; 5. F; 6. T; 7. T; 8. T; 9. T; 10. T
Q-and-A with Emily Oster: Modern Guidelines to Pregnancy
"Actually getting the numbers behind some of the current recommendations led me to a more relaxed place. I found it enormously reassuring to know why," Oster says. Here, some of her more revealing discoveries.
Get Your FREE Indoor Activity eGuide!
More Women's Health Articles
Suffern's Women's Wellness Group Opens in Airmont
This October, Think Pink: Warning Signs of Breast Cancer
3 Ways Hypothyroidism Misdiagnosis Can Affect You
What to Do When Your Daughter Gets Her First Period
Birth Control and the HPV Vaccine for Girls with Special Needs
Be a good fellow parent and share this with a friend who would be interested
Local Women's Health Sponsors
See Our Women's Health Directory