Tips for Parents
• Teach your children to swim, tread water, float and get out of the pool.
• Teach children to stay away from pool and hot tub drains and drain covers.
• For those who are not strong swimmers, use coast guard-approved flotation devices.
• If you’re in a group, appoint a designated “water watcher.”
• While supervising, never take your eyes off of children in the pool.
• Take a class in First Aid and CPR (for infants, children, and adults).
• Explain to your child that they should never climb trees to get over fences.
• Talk with your children and explain that they should never be in or near the
water without eye-to-eye contact from adults.