→ Health Advice & Tips
| Health Advice & Tips
Make this healthy hummus snack for your kids rather than giving them packaged dips or a cheese and cracker pack filled with unhealthy ingredients. This recipe uses beets to add vitamins—plus a vibrant color. Your kids will get a protein boost and you can serve it alongside carrot or celery sticks, healthy pita chips, or whole grain crackers.
(Makes 3 Cups)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash beet well and place with garlic clove on a sheet of foil. Bring up sides of foil and fold to make a packet leaving room for heat to circulate inside the packet containing the beet and garlic.
3. Bake for 45 minutes or until beet is tender when poked with a knife.
4. Remove skin off of the garlic and the beet (I use a zip lock bag on my hand and slip the skin off so my hand doesn't turn red).
5. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
Also see: How to Make Easy & Healthy School Lunches
Lyme Disease FAQ: Preventing, Symptoms, and Treatment
Head Lice FAQ
The Health Benefits of Me Time
Study: Handheld Screen Time Linked With Speech Delays
Sports for Kids
Child Care Options
Family Health Guide
Special Needs Guide
Aug 18, 2017
Aug 17, 2017
Aug 14, 2017
Aug 16, 2017
Jul 07, 2017
Jun 26, 2017
Aug 09, 2017
Aug 10, 2017
If your child has a fever or complains of a stomachache, chances are a quick trip to the doctor’s office and perhaps a prescription will do the trick. But what if it’s something more serious, something psychological?
How to limit the negative effects of a difficult presidential campaign on your kids.
| All Rights
Reserved | Davler Media
| SEE ALL REGIONS
Get NYMetroParents in Your Inbox
Get NYMetroParents via Email