25 Ways to Make the World a Better Place
2. Give a hug
3. Tell someone you love them
4. Give a compliment and receive a compliment. When was the last time you just said "Thank You" when you received a compliment?
5. Listen. Really listen to what someone is saying to you. Don't think
about your answer, just be in the moment.
6. Call an old friend you haven't talked to in years just to see how they are doing. Tell them you miss them.
7. Say you're sorry if you need to. Learn to forgive others and yourself. Anger doesn't do anything but destroy relationships.
8. Support your local stores. Buy local produce, family pharmacies, small independent stores. Keep the American dream alive!
9. Start a garden. Plant a tree.
10. Treat yourself with respect. If you don't, others will follow suit. Take care of yourself. If your happy, your passing on a positive vibe. Your positive attitude is contagious - share the wealth!
11. Be a positive role model and others will follow.
12. Share your experiences, your wisdom is priceless.
13. Did you recycle today?
14. Volunteer, join a charity. The more we help others, the better we feel about ourselves. Altruism is good for the soul. It's a win-win situation, a 2 for 1. You help others and yourself in one shot! Get your kids involved. Altruism, it raises their self-esteem.
15. Be part of the community. Be involved!
16. Take a moment of silence to just be. Learn to slow down. We don't need more impatience in this world.
17. Eat healthy. Watch what you put in your body, it's the only one you got. Prevention is key to a long, healthy life!
18. Keep the world clean. Throw your trash where it belongs and pick up others. Help keep the world bright and shiny!
19. Be supportive by being honest and loyal to your loved ones. Be a good friend!
20. Ask people if they need help. Then do what you can to make their world happier.
21. Adopt a pet. A dog is really a man's best friend - why? They give unconditional love, loyalty and help relieve stress. At the rehab I work at for traumatic brain injury clients, we have therapy dogs that come in on Fridays and it's the happiest day of the week. They bring so much love, hope and friendship.
22. How can I empower someone today? Use positive word choices, positive reinforcement or bring them back to a time when they were feeling strong and high on life. Good memories brings a sense of control back to a person's life. We feel happier when we are in control of our lives.
23. Be realistic. Have realistic expectations for the world. Don't
expect perfection or you set yourself up for failure. Watch how your
perceive the world. If you perceive the world in a negative view then
that is what you will see. If you choose to see the world from a positive perspective, people will seem good, the world will seem inviting. The choice is yours. How do you want to see the world?
24. How can you help one person a day? Think of something you can do each day that makes a difference in just one person's life. It can be a friend, family member, or a complete stranger. Sometimes, we try to help a lot of people and get lost in the "Trying." Help one person a day. It's the Domino Effect, you make one person happier - they will make one person happier and so on.....We think to make a change, it needs to be HUGE and affect a lot of people. You can start the process of change and making this world a better place, one person at a time. Every day I think to myself: How did I make a difference today? Ask yourself that every day and as long as you affected one person in a positive manner, you're doing your job to help make the world a brighter place.
25. Just be a good person. Practice goodness, kindness, caring and empathy each and every day. Be the person you always wanted to be.