The Hagedorn Little Village School, Jack Joel Center for Special Children|
750 Hicksville Road
The Hagedorn Little Village School, Jack Joel Center for Special Children (HLVS) is a publicly funded, not-for-profit school highly regarded for providing outstanding educational and therapeutic services for children with developmental disabilities.
These disabilities may include cognitive delays, social/emotional deficits, autistic spectrum disorders, speech/language delays, orthopedic and/or motor impairments, visual impairments and/or significant medical issues. Our school provides year round programs and services that include diagnostic evaluations and treatment, early intervention, a preschool and an elementary school. The children that we serve range in age from birth through elementary school.
Little Village has an absolute charter from the New York State Board of Regents and is approved as a preschool and elementary school by the New York State Education Department.
Our Philosophy: To facilitate each child in achieving his or her highest potential socially, educationally and emotionally.
- To provide support and direction to families.
- To collaborate with outside service providers in fulfilling this mission.
In this work we are committed to the values of:
- Compassionate care for all we serve.
- Deep respect for the dignity of each child.
- Integrity in all our business dealings.
- Providing ongoing professional development to our staff to ensure that our children receive the most current and effective instruction and therapeutic interventions.