33 Nassau Ave. (Corner of Dobbin Street)
What: PLAY is an early-childhood education center and indoor play space located at the intersection of Brooklyn’s bustling Williamsburg & Greenpoint neighborhoods. PLAY provides an ideal environment for children (newborn through age five) to discover and develop, cut loose and create, all in a facility committed to safety, cleanliness, innovation, and imagination. And, while your little ones are busy reveling in recreation or education, PLAY is also an ideal venue for like-minded parents to connect and commune.
Who: PLAY is currently home to a talented team of superlative staff & early-childhood educators devoted to delivering the best in every amenity PLAY has to offer. Be it in the play space, classroom, or at a birthday party or special event, this dedicated crew of industry professionals is here to serve and celebrate the families who make the PLAY community the special group it is.
When: PLAY is open Monday through Friday from 9–6 and Saturday & Sunday from 10–4. On the rare occasions (holidays for example) when we must deviate from our regular hours of operation we will make every effort to notify you well in advance.
Where: 33 Nassau Avenue (between Guernsey & Dobbin Streets)
Why: Because, as every parent knows, while the days can be long, the moments that that make up your little ones’ early years can feel like they’re moving at lightning speed. So, let’s make the most of them: grow, grasp, giggle... PLAY!
PLAY City is an engaging and open environment where children are free to explore imaginatively and interact with each other. There is a slide and many sensory toys as well as clustered play stations that mimic real life environments. Access to the play space is included with selected class memberships or can be purchased separately.
Rug Bug Music
Your child will be swinging and rocking with our inspiring instruments recycled from common household objects. Our classes include original compositions and all-time favorites selected to entertain and inform our students about Earth matters. Whether swaying or jamming, your child will be improving his auditory development and gross motor skills while having an awesome time!
This class is designed to introduce your mini-Monet to the materials, methods, and madness that are the essential elements of artistic creation and appreciation. This is a 10-week hands-on exploration of color, lines, shapes texture and imagination. Each week introduces new and exciting projects using different techniques and mediums.
This class is a body-awareness program that will guide you and your child through each stage of their early development. Borrowing from yoga practices, we have carefully combined tummy strengthening and, later tumbling, exercises with musical, artistic, and imaginative elements designed to captivate and educate. With an eye toward building ﬁne motor skills, auditory development, and bilateral coordination we hold true to our belief that play unto itself is a critical component in seeing that your child thrives in this wild and wacky world they are just yet getting to know. Now, let that chi ﬂow!
Dance is one of the purest expressions of joy available to us and anyone who’s spent time with a child has seen the grin that erupts when they break into a spontaneous shimmy. PLAY offers a variety of classes for a number of different age groups:
- Classical Ballet / Tap – This class introduces young dancers to the wonderful world of dance, emphasizing imagination and dance creativity while learning ballet and tap fundamentals (Ages 3-5)
- Dance - Family fun! Non-stop moving and grooving! Students Jump, turn, wiggle and giggle their way through class. (Ages 12mo-3yrs)
- International Dance - Travel the world. Students are introduced to musical rhythms and dances from countries around the world including Ireland, Poland, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, India and more! (Ages 3-5)
- Classical Ballet - Ballet is the basis for all other styles of dance. There is no better way to learn balance, grace, and poise while developing flexibility and muscle tone. The emphasis of this class is on building dancers' strength and improving technique. (Ages 3-5) Tap - Get ready to make some noise! Students learn a combination of Rhythm and Broadway tap styles. (Ages 2-4)
- Zumbatomic - Start the party! This class combines Dance, fitness, friends and fun! Students and caregivers dance their way through 45 minutes of party rockin' fun! (Ages 2-4)
- Ballet/Tap - a combination class that combines beginner level instruction in both styles. (Ages 2-4)
- Hip Hop/Acrobatics - Bring in the noise bring in the funk. Learn the latest dance moves seen on your favorite TV shows, movies, & videos. This high energy class focuses on strength, endurance, balance, flexibility, coordination and touches on break dancing basics. Students cartwheel, leap, and roll their way to better balance, flexibility, and coordination. (Ages 4-7)
| || |