The Southfield Center is a family-centered, interdisciplinary practice dedicated to providing comprehensive diagnostic, therapeutic, and educational services for children and teens across a wide range of challenges. We offer a warm, inviting environment with a team of more than 30 skilled practitioners trained to provide an integrated approach to learning, emotional, and behavioral issues.
Assessment -- The Southfield Center offers comprehensive psychological evaluations, as well as a range of other specialized assessments. Southfield’s assessment team is led by Dr. Christopher Bogart, who coordinates an interdisciplinary team of practitioners certified to select, administer, and interpret a variety of neuropsychological, psychological, educational, and developmental assessment instruments. Our experienced clinical team performs in-depth evaluations to pinpoint your child’s challenges and personal strengths and write reports that are informative, actionable, and timely. Southfield’s staff is also available to attend school meetings with you or speak with your school’s education team. We can then create a clear and actionable plan.
Achievement -- We tap into our wide range of therapeutic and learning services and design a customized plan that addresses your child’s specific needs. With a wide array of therapists, The Southfield Center can provide the exact therapies that your child needs. Our goal is to look at the whole child—as an individual, as a student, and as a family member.
Empowerment -- Equipped with the proper tools and a supportive network, your child gains confidence to succeed in school, at home, and with friends. Our psychotherapists, therapists, and learning specialistsbuildon each client’s strengths to help children and families tackle life challenges and to increase their resilience, which in turn, allows them tofeel stronger and more confident.
All under one roof – By having all our therapists in a single location, children and teens can receive the specific help they need as well as benefit from collaboration among every specialist on their team. One location means eliminating stress from traveling to multiple offices for varied services. Plus you are assured that all clinicians on the treatment team communicate frequently about your child’s latest developments.
Integrated solutions to your child’s learning, emotional, and behavioral challenges for success at school, at home, and in social settings.
- Assessment Services: Neuropsychological Evaluations, Psychological and Psychoeducational Evaluations, AD/HD Diagnostic Testing, Educational Evaluations, Multidisciplinary Evaluations, Speech and Language Evaluations, OT/PT Evaluations
- Psychotherapy and Behavioral Health Services: Individual Therapy, AD/HD Case Management, Family Therapy, Parent Education and Coaching, Group Therapy, Social Skills Development
- Learning Services: Executive Functions Coaching, Cogmed Working Memory Training, LD Tutoring, Education Advocacy
- Motor and Communication Therapies: Occupational and Physical Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy
- Complementary Therapies: Nutritional Counseling, Yoga, Over in the Meadow Gardening Group
The Southfield Center for Development specializes in:
- Anger Management
- AttentionDeficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorders and Related Developmental Disabilities
- Behavioral Problems of Childhood and Adolescence
- Executive Functions Difficulties, including Poor Organization and Time Management Skills
- Motor and Sensory Processing Issues
- Learning Disabilities / Academic Challenges
- Marital and Family Difficulties
- Nutritional Concerns
- Social Thinking and Social Skills Challenges
- Speech and Language Delays
- Substance Abuse
- Working Memory Deficits
|Want to learn more about this business? Send them a direct inquiry.|
The Southfield Center is a family-centered, interdisciplinary practice dedicated to providing comprehensive diagnostic, therapeutic, and educational services for children and teens across a wide range of challenges. We offer a warm, inviting environment with a team of more than 30 skilled practitioners trained to provide an integrated approach to learning, emotional, and behavioral issues, including: academic challenges; poor organization and time management skills; ADHD; speech and language delays; autism spectrum disorders and related developmental disabilities, learning disabilities, and nutritional concerns.
Read More About Southfield Center for Development
Ask the Expert: How Do Neurofeedback and Brain Mapping Help Treat ADHD?
The American Academy of Pediatrics recently rated biofeedback as evidence-based "Level 1-Best Support" for treating ADHD. We spoke to Anthony Silver, MS, MA, MFT, BCIA-EEG, director of Gray Matters in Westport, CT, about biofeedback, neurofeedback, and brain mapping and how they help diagnose and treat ADHD.
Ask the Expert: How Can I Make Sure My Child's Therapists Are Communicating?
When your child is receiving treatment from multiple therapists and professionals, communication is key. Here, a psychologist with more than 20 years experience offers advice on how to make sure your child's treatment team is talking often and communicating effectively.
Ask the Expert: How Do I Know if My Child Should See Multiple Therapists?
If your child has special needs, a comprehensive approach to treatment that includes multiple therapists and other professionals will likely lead to more effective treatment and a faster recovery. Here, a psychologist with more than 20 years experience explains how to know when a comprehensive approach is right for your child as well as the benefits and challenges of this type of treatment.