Welcome to Tutors on Wheels/Teachers on Wheels:
Since 2003, Tutors on Wheels has been providing tutoring services and specialized educational programs that make a difference. Our instructional methods have provided thousands of students from Kindergarten to college with the concepts, strategies, and skills needed for academic success. In our mission to support the nation’s educational initiatives, we make every effort to create meaningful and productive institutional materials and experiences that will foster in our students a continuing love of learning.
At Tutors on Wheels, we hand pick our tutors. We select only certified teachers who are experienced in the fields and subjects that they teach. All of our prospective tutors undergo face-to-face interviews, reference checks, and New York State fingerprinting.
Our diagnostic/prescriptive instructional method includes both a rigorous assessment process and customized learning programs to meet each student’s needs. All students receive a pre- and post-assessment as well as two benchmark assessments designed to closely monitor their academic progress. Our tutors specialize in differentiated instruction and employ a blended approach that incorporates both direct instruction and technology. All instruction is research based and is aligned to the New York State Standards and the newly adopted Common Core Standards.
Tutors on Wheels is committed to providing the best and most affordable tutoring services to our students and their families. We make it easy for our students to get the help that they need by traveling to their homes, schools, or community centers. In addition, our new online tutoring option allows subscribing parents and schools to build a personalized tutoring schedule for their students. To be of more assistance to our older students, we have partnered with Princeton to provide an online, on-demand SAT tutoring program. We are proud to serve students of all abilities in all grades and subjects. As part of our commitment to New York City’s education community, we have also formed alliances with schools, libraries, nonprofits, and government agencies throughout the five boroughs.
We will be happy to customize a program that meets your needs. Please feel free to contact us at any time for more information or to schedule an appointment with our Education Consultants. We look forward to making a difference for your students and for you.
- One-on-one tutoring
- At your school, at your home, at our Tutors on Wheels Learning Center, or at your neighborhood community center or library
- One-on-one instruction
- Group instruction
Online Diagnostic/Prescriptive Tutoring Program
- Online tutoring programs partnered with Aventa K-12 Programs.
- Test packs provide grade-level fixed benchmark assessments
- Assessment-based prescriptive individualized learning modules (self-paced study and online tutoring in each module), each includes a Mastery Test
- Weekly progress reports
- Program post-tests will show student’s overall gain
New SAT Preparation:
- One-on-one test prep
- Test prep group classes
- Online test prep partnered with Princeton Review
- ACT Test Preparation and Nursing Exams Preparation
Extended Learning Time Services:
- In-school group tutoring services
- Progress reports
Homework Help Online Tutoring:
- Whiteboard technology
- One-on-one tutoring sessions accessible 24 hours per day
- Online assistance for test prep, projects, and regular assignments
- Parents and schools can purchase as many monthly hours as they want
Monday to Thursday – 9:30 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.
Friday – 9:30 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Saturday & Sunday – By Appointment