NYC arts education organization, Broadway Bound Kids, is giving away five Golden Tickets to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on Broadway on April 15.
Five Golden Tickets will be given away to children who display positive attributes that will help change the world. In Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Willy Wonka is looking for a child to take over his factory who is hard-working, kind, selfless, and optimistic—which is just what Broadway Bound Kids is looking for in this contest.
Each of the winners will also be able to take one chaperone along with them, just like in the movie.
Here's what you have to do to enter:
Send a written submission about who you are and why you deserve to win. In 400 words or less, be sure to include:
- Your name, age, which city you live in, and what you love to do with your free time.
- Why you want to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on Broadway.
- Some of the ways that you bring joy to your family, friends, and community. (Remember, Wonka and his inventions brought joy to kids all over the world!)
- Why you deserve to win one of the five Golden Tickets.
Next, create a YouTube video about a character from anywhere in the world who is up to the task of taking over Willy Wonka's magical chocolate factory. Get creative with it! Perhaps your character has a specific type of voice, dialect, or costume. As you play the character you create, answer the following questions in a single video clip no longer than three minutes:
- What attributes do you exhibit, or past experiences have you had, that will help you run the greatest chocolate factory on earth?
- How will you use the factory to help people, create a sense of community, and bring joy to others?
To enter, visit the Broadway Bound Kids website. The contest ends March 1.
Find More Theater and Performance Near You
Get Exciting Area Events in Your Inbox