CMS opened its doors in 1998 in Manhasset, New York, with a Primary classroom of 7 students. We moved to our present location in, Great Neck, in 2001. We currently have two Primary classrooms and two Toddler classrooms with a total of 60 children of diverse cultural backgrounds.
Our school offers an education that meets the specific needs of young children and helps them develop ways of thinking and solving problems that will stay with them through time.
At CMS, children have the opportunity to discover their personal strengths in a child-centered environment. They develop on their own timetable and each child is known and appreciated for his or her individuality.
CMS believes that…
- Children have, within them, a natural urge to explore and discover the world around them and find joy in learning when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Children learn best in an environment of mutual respect and one that provides opportunities for cognitive, social, emotional, moral and physical growth.
- Heterogeneous and multi-aged grouping provides opportunities for peer teaching, sharing and natural social development.
- Children internalize concepts and skills at their own pace.
- Children learn best when competencies are fostered through repetitive, successful experiences and when failures are de-emphasized.
- A multi-sensory approach maximizes learning because it provides for individual learning styles.
- Children need opportunities to make choices; thereby fostering independence, self-esteem and self-discipline.
- Developmental needs of children are universal and transcend cultural differences.
We are committed to the standards of the American Montessori Association and to our founding philosophy. The Montessori School is accredited by the American Montessori Association.
We provide full and half day plans as well as after school sessions. Toddlers in diapers are welcome!
|Want to learn more about this business? Send them a direct inquiry.|
EDU - PRIVATE SCHOOLS
Countryside Montessori School was founded in 1998. We were founded with the aim of providing a high quality early childhood education based on the philosophy, methods, and techniques developed 100 years ago by educational pioneer and Nobel Prize nominee Dr. Maria Montessori. Our children become responsible for their own learning and their own behavior. They learn to respect themselves and others. Everything in our school is designed to encourage and aid the child’s natural curiosity.
UPDATE YOUR MICROSITE