A Long-Awaited Tribute: Frank Lloyd Wright's Usonian House and Pavilion - Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
Hours: Closed Thurs.
1071 Fifth Ave. - 212-423-3500
New York, NY 10128
Description: On October 22, 1953, Sixty Years of Living Architecture: The Work of Frank Lloyd Wright opened in New York on the site where the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum would eventually be built. Two Frank Lloyd Wright-designed buildings were constructed specifically to house the exhibition: a temporary pavilion made of glass, fiberboard, and pipe columns; and a 1,700-square-foot, fully furnished, two-bedroom, model Usonian house representing Wright's organic solution for modest, middle-class dwellings.