Town of Haverstraw,
While the political pundits debate whether the end of the economic recession is here - or near - several Rockland County towns are offering up free entertainment this summer by way of summer concert series. Music ranges from contemporary to nostalgic, from sit-back-and-listen to get-up-and dance. While many songs might be nostalgic for parents, all shows promise to be kid-friendly. And did we say FREE? Additionally, the towns of Haverstraw and Stony Point host their shows in parks with picnic tables where concertgoers can enjoy a sunset dinner before the show. So mark your calendars...
West Nyack hosts the annual Clarkstown Family Music Festival from June 19 through July 28. Show times and locations are as follows:
• June 19 at 7pm: Hit N Run performs music of the '60s, '70s, '80s and today at Germonds Park, 185 Germonds Road, West Nyack.
• July 7 at 7:30pm: The Bronx Wanderers perform music from the '60s through today at Germonds Park, 185 Germonds Road, West Nyack.
- July 8 at 7:30pm: Manhattan Jazz performs light jazz at West Nyack Hamlet Green, 721 West Nyack Road, West Nyack
- July 13 at 7:30pm: The Kootz performs classic rock, pop and blues tunes from the late 1950s through the '70s at Congers Station Park, Burnside Avenue at Lake Road, Congers
- July 14 at 7:30pm: The Band performs at Germonds Park, 185 Germonds Road, West Nyack
July 21 at 7:30pm: The Peter Spink Band performs contemporary folk and roots-rock originals at Germonds Park, 185 Germonds Road, West Nyack
- July 22 at 7:30pm: The Richard Reitzer Swing band performs at West Nyack Hamlet Green, 721 West Nyack Road, West Nyack
- July 27 at 7:30pm: The Magic Touch performs at Congers Station Park, Burnside Avenue at Lake Road, Congers
- July 28 at 7:30pm: John Fogarty performs at Germonds Park, 185 Germonds Road West Nyack
In case of rain, all outdoor concerts will be held at Felix Festa Middle School Auditorium, 30 Parrott Road, West Nyack. For more information, call the Town of Clarkstown at 845-639-2000.
Stony Point hosts its summer concert series June 23 through September 19. Concerts are held at Riverfront Park, 25 Grassy Point Road, Stony Point. All shows start at 6:30pm. For more information, call 845-947-5261.
- June 23: CGS performs covers of soft rock music from the '70s and '80s
- June 30: The Tommy Gardner Band presents a special concert for kids. The event also features arts and crafts and giveaways
- July 14: Soulmates performs soft rock and classic rock of the '60s and '70s
- July 21: Spectrum performs soft rock and classic rock of the '60s and '70s
- July 28: In the Pocket performs soft rock and classic rock of the '60s and '70s
- August 4: Midnight Hour performs soft rock and classic rock of the '60s and '70s, as well as classic songs by Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin
- August 11: Stephen Jordan performs classic rock and contemporary covers
- August 18: CGS returns
- August 25: Soulmates return
- September 19: Joe McKirnan performs Irish music
Suffern hosts its summer concerts from June 24 through July 22. Shows are held at the Virginia Menschner Gazebo in Avon Park and start at 7pm.
- June 24: Carl Richard's Band performs country music and classic rock
- July 14: Magic Touch performs a cappella oldies
- July 8: Reflections performs big band music
• July 22: No Exit performs easy listening music
- August 5: Magic Moments performs oldies
- August 9: Kurt Gallagher presents a special children's concert
In case of rain, shows will be held at the George J. Parness Suffern Community Center, 41 Washington Avenue. For more information, call 845-357-7943.
The Town of Haverstraw hosts its annual concert series July 8 through September 5 at Bowline Point Park on Bowline Road, off Samsondale Avenue.
- July 8: The Kootz cover classic rock, pop, and blues from the late 1950s through the '70s
- July 15: The Cameos present classic music from the '50s
- July 22: Cloud Nyne presents a variety of music that includes pop, rock, disco, funk, swing, standards, blues, jazz, reggae, rap, oldies, and Motown
- July 29: Whiskey Café Groove Cats present big band and swing music
- August 5: The Rhythm Doctors present light jazz
- August 12: The Hip Pocket Band performs classic rock
- August 19: Beauty and the Grease present music from the '50s and '60s
- August 26: Kangaroo Jones performs contemporary rock
- September 2: The Larry Stevens Band presents contemporary covers and originals
- September 5: Tracer Spectrum presents rock and soul with a nine-piece band
Get Your FREE Indoor Activity eGuide!
Be a good fellow parent and share this with a friend who would be interested
See Our Directory
Teach Me At Home|
Getting anxiety just thinking of this year's Commo...