Community News Submissions
We are a community and need neighbors to supply information that would be of interest to one another.
TIPS FOR SUBMITTING NEWS
Examples of stories we are seeking:
- New child- and family-oriented venues and businesses, such as indoor play spaces, pediatricians' offices, birthday-party places, and the like.
- New exhibits or new programs at local museums, amusement parks, and other venues.
- Extraordinary accomplishments by local children, teens, teachers, and others.
- Results, sign-up deadlines, upcoming events, and other news from kids' sports teams, recitals, competitions, and other activities.
- School news, including open houses, registration deadlines, and student achievements.
- Family volunteer opportunities and charity events or drives.
- Parent-focused events such as support groups, lectures and talks, classes, and social gatherings.
Tips for High-Quality Story Submissions
- Stories are intended to inform local parents about specific happenings and news events in the community. The more specific and detailed the story is, the better; the purpose is not to merely promote a business or organization generally.
- Don't assume that your reader is familiar with names, phrases, and other information specific to your category or institution; explain these and provide necessary background so that anyone can understand and engage with your article. Avoid acronyms, abbreviations, and other language that is not familiar to the general public.