UPDATED DECEMBER 2013: Looking for places to go sledding in Westchester County, NY? Here's a list of 8 sledding hills, including spots that allow sledders in Cortlandt, Cross River, Scarsdale, Somers, White Plains, Yonkers, and Yorktown Heights.
We may complain, but the truth is, there’s nothing better than a good old-fashioned snow day, especially the rare kind where you don’t have to be anywhere and can slow down to enjoy the time with the kids. Those days call for sleeping in, baking, building snowmen, and that most cherished of all traditions—sledding (followed by the obligatory hot cocoa). If you’re looking for the best place in Westchester to slide down that perfect hill, try one of these “official” county sledding locations.
Sledding is permitted seven days a week during daylight hours (except where noted) at the following locations:
Sledding Hills in Westchester
• Croton Gorge Park, Route 129, Cortlandt
• Lasdon Park & Arboretum, off Route 35, Somers (8am-4pm only)
• Ward Pound Ridge Reservation, Route 35 and 121 South, Cross River
Golf Courses in Westchester that Allow Sledding
• Dunwoodie, Wasylenko Lane, Yonkers
• Maple Moor, North Street, White Plains
• Mohansic, Baldwin Road, Yorktown Heights
• Saxon Woods, Mamaroneck Road, Scarsdale
Where to Go Ice-Skating in the Westchester Area
Where to Ski and Snowboard in the Northeast