14-Year-Old Helps Launch Book Vending Machines for Kids Across NYC
Kids can get the books for free, don’t have to return them, and can read as many as they’d like throughout the summer.
Get family activities sent to you
Get things to do with your kids
Delivered right to your inbox
“You can find kids like me anywhere, you’ll know these kids. They’ll be your students, your cousins, your nieces and nephews,” she said.
The book vending machines will be replenished every two weeks so kids will never be without fresh books. Locations include
- Brooklyn: Brownsville Recreation Center, 1555 Linden Blvd., Brownsville
- Bronx: PAL, Inc. New South Bronx Center, 991 Longwood Ave
- Manhattan: Riverbank State Park, 679 Riverside Drive, Upper West Side
- Queens: Queens Public Library – Main Branch, 89-11 Merrick Blvd., Jamaica
- Queens: Ocean Bay Community Cornerstone, 67-10 Beach Channel Drive, Arverne
- Staten Island: Faber Park, Richmond Terrace
Main Image: Marley showing off the vending machines. Credit CBS2 New York.