6 Steps to Get Your Pre-Baby Body Back
Get kid-friendly activities sent to you!
Get the Best Family Activities
- Helps with weight loss - when you're breastfeeding you're a furnace burning calories all day long
- Provides antibodies for the baby, boosting their immune systems
- Creates a Bonding experience between you and your baby
4. Don't snack on your kid's food!
- It's extra calories that can add up and keep you from attaining your goals.
- Pack snacks for your child and for yourself too when you are on the go.
5. Cravings are very real.
- Come up with healthier options for salty, sweet and savory cravings
- If you ignore your cravings they will keep building up
- Life is too short to not eat things you love; so eat that half of cup of ice cream and move on.
- Small portions within a well balanced diet won't sabotage your goals.
- Hunger and thirst are controlled by the same part of the brain so you might just be dehydrated, not hungry.
Melissa O'Shea is a genConnect.com expert guiding people through their weight loss, nutrition, and health challenges. Melissa is a registered dietitian with a Masters of Science in Nutrition Education from Columbia University. Melissa has been working with Exhale Spa, NYC, for two years and also works extensively for corporate clients, such as American Express, Citigroup and Credit Suisse, providing nutrition lectures for their employees.
Also see: Moms DO Have Time to Work Out