A Family Vacation to Bermuda
Awesome Summer Activities Sent to You!
Never Hear “I’m Bored!”
Learn more about the ocean at the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute. This interactive museum has a large shell collection and a simulated dive experience, really a very slow elevator that “transports” you underwater. Kids can dress up in scuba gear and explore a shipwreck gallery.
If you like going underground, visit Crystal Caves, where you can see two caves on a guided tour. Fantasy Cave has fabulous crystal formations. Crystal Cave has floating bridges over an underground lake; when you walk deep into the cave, the guide turns out the light and you experience true darkness (and fear – don’t do this with a child who is afraid of the dark!).
If You Go...
• Hamilton Fairmont Princess and Fairmont Southampton: www.fairmont.com
• Smatt’s Cycle: one-day bike rental, $35. www.smattscyclelivery.com
• Bermuda Maritime Museum: open daily 9:30am-5pm; $10, $5 children, FREE under age 5. www.bmm.bm
• Bermuda Aquarium, Museum & Zoo: open daily 9am-5pm; $10, $5 children, FREE under age 5. www.bamz.org
• Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute: open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, Saturday-Sunday 10am-5pm; $12, $5 children, FREE under age 5. www.buei.org
• Crystal Caves: open daily 9:30am-4:30pm; $12, $7 children. www.caves.bm
For more info: www.bermudatourism.com