A Family Vacation to Bermuda
Great Family Activities Sent to You!
The Best Holiday Activities Sent to Your Inbox!
Delivered right to your inbox
Learn more about the ocean at the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute. This interactive museum has a large shell collection and a simulated dive experience, really a very slow elevator that “transports” you underwater. Kids can dress up in scuba gear and explore a shipwreck gallery.
If you like going underground, visit Crystal Caves, where you can see two caves on a guided tour. Fantasy Cave has fabulous crystal formations. Crystal Cave has floating bridges over an underground lake; when you walk deep into the cave, the guide turns out the light and you experience true darkness (and fear – don’t do this with a child who is afraid of the dark!).
If You Go...
• Hamilton Fairmont Princess and Fairmont Southampton: www.fairmont.com
• Smatt’s Cycle: one-day bike rental, $35. www.smattscyclelivery.com
• Bermuda Maritime Museum: open daily 9:30am-5pm; $10, $5 children, FREE under age 5. www.bmm.bm
• Bermuda Aquarium, Museum & Zoo: open daily 9am-5pm; $10, $5 children, FREE under age 5. www.bamz.org
• Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute: open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, Saturday-Sunday 10am-5pm; $12, $5 children, FREE under age 5. www.buei.org
• Crystal Caves: open daily 9:30am-4:30pm; $12, $7 children. www.caves.bm
For more info: www.bermudatourism.com