Field Station: Dinosaurs Lets Kids Be Paleontologists for a Day
Don't miss out on family fun ideas!
Get Sanity Saving Ideas & Activities
Delivered right to your inbox
Field Station: Dinosaurs is just minutes from New York City. The dinosaurs are very lifelike--their heads move and they make sounds--and there are so many learning activities for kids that it makes the day a win for both parents and the little ones. The space is relatively small, so it's easy to do it all and not miss anything. I recommend trying to see this “limited location” version of the attraction this summer because their new space in 2017 will offer a whole new experience.
Tips for Visiting Field Station: Dinosaurs
- Best for ages 3-11.
- Bring sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses.
- There is a small set of lockers and portable toilets.
- Strollers are welcome.
- It's quite hot, with little breeze in this area of the park. Arrive early to beat the heat and the crowds.
- Outside food and drinks are allowed, but no coolers.
- There is a cafe that sells hamburgers, hotdogs, lights snacks, and frozen treats.
- Plan to spend 2-3 hours there.