Healthy Afterschool Snacks for Kids
Get can’t-miss family activities sent to you!
Get the Best Kid-Friendly Activities
Sent to You Weekly!
• Whole-wheat crackers and slices of deli meat (cut into squares) for stackable mini sandwiches
• Tribe individual hummus containers with Garden of Eden brand whole grain pita chips or sliced veggies for dipping (homemade pita chips toasted with olive oil and sea salt and sprinkled with parmesan cheese are a healthy alternative)
• Pretzel rods with turkey slices wrapped around them
• Leftover whole-wheat pasta and frozen veggies mixed with Italian dressing and served in a fun container
• Smoothie: regular or soy milk blended with a cup of frozen berries (add blueberries for a blue shake or strawberries for a pink one to match your little one’s favorite color)
For more snack ideas, visit Keri’s website at www.nutritiouslife.com/snacks4kids.