Although this attraction in Times Square is marketed as a tourist destination, it's really a fun playground for locals, too. In a city with millions of things to see and do, there is only one place where you can get up close with these incredible wax figures of celebrities, historical icons, and sports legends. The museum also hosts private events and birthday parties.
If you haven't been to Madame Tussauds, put it on your list of things to do over the summer. Pick a super hot day because their air conditioning is pumping and makes for a refreshing break from the heat.
Tips for Visiting Madame Tussauds New York
- Be sure to buy your tickets in advance to skip the lines upon entry.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes, s the museum is more than 85,000 square feet.
- Children younger than 4 are free with paid adult admission.
- Large bags and luggage are not permitted, although I was allowed in with a backpack.
- Strollers are allowed in the museum.
- Expect to spend approximately two hours here.