Awesome Family Holiday Activities in Your Inbox!
The Best Holiday Activities Sent to Your Inbox!
Delivered right to your inbox
• At the end of the evening, walk around your home to ensure that all lights have been turned off, and any candles and the fireplace have been extinguished.
• Baking during the holidays can be a fun family activity. Be sure, however, to maintain a three-foot safety zone away from the stove for kids and pets.
• Keep cooking areas clear of anything that can catch fire – like a potholder, rag, curtains or paper. Never leave food cooking on the stove or in the oven unattended.
• Keep a fire extinguisher handy and easily accessible in the event of a fire. If you haven’t used yours in a while, revisit the instructions before the holidays get into full swing.
• Check your smoke alarms before your holiday guests arrive. Replace smoke alarms that are 10 years old or more.
• Map out an escape plan, share it with visiting relatives, and practice it – even in the snow and especially at night. Also remind your guests about your safe family meeting place outside and away from the home if a fire does occur.
• If the power goes out, consider using flashlights instead of candles.
For more information, visit www.befiresmart.com.