• Campgaw Mountain gives a discount to Bergen County residents. For everyone else, there are afternoon lift tickets that start at $15; the highest priced weekend lift ticket is $34. Mahwah. www.skicampgaw.com.
• The Hidden Valley Club has $24 weekday tickets. Kids under 5 ski free with a paying adult, and adults 70 and over ski free anytime. Vernon. www.thehiddenvalleyclub.com.
• Mountain Creek has a Triple Play card, with three lift tickets for $69, a bargain since a one-day adult lift ticket is $62. Kids 6 and under ski free with a paying adult. Vernon Valley.www.mountaincreek.com.
• If you head to Pennsylvania with a fourth and fifth grader, he can ski free with the Pennsylvania Snowpass program. Over 20 PA ski resorts are included in this promotion, including nearby Camelback (www.skicamelback.com), Jack Frost/Big Boulder (www.jfbb.com), and Shawnee (www.shawneemt.com). Parents have to ski, too (though not with the child), and kid gets a free skiing or snowboarding lesson as well. Find out more at www.skipa.com.
• Great Wolf Lodge offers a Stay and Ski package, two nights for $658, which includes four lift tickets to Camelback. You also get water park tickets for both days. The package runs January 4-March 12, 2009. Pocono Mountains. www.greatwolf.com/poconos.
• The Arrabelle at Vail Square offers Holidays on Us. If you stay for five or more nights, you get a holiday day free. Holidays include Christmas and New Year’s Day, Presidents’ Day, and Easter. Book by December 15. www.arrabelle.rockresorts.com.
• At Alta Lodge, kids stay and eat free through December 12, and April 12-19, 2009. You can bring up to two kids under 18; they get free breakfast and dinner. There is also a free supervised Kids’ Program with activities after skiing. www.altalodge.com.
• And when you fly to any Park City resort, you can ski that day for free. To promote the ease of flying into Park City, the resorts there have banded together to offer Quick Start, a free lift ticket the day you fly in. Use your boarding pass as proof; don’t leave it in your seat pocket! Get details at www.parkcity.com.
• Bromley offers Family Fridays, where an adult pays $12 each for lift tickets for up to three kids. On Lift & Lunch Tuesdays, an all-day lift ticket plus a sit-down lunch is $39. Manchester Center. www.bromley.com.
• Midweek lift tickets are $39 all season long at Mad River Glen. Waitsfield. www.madriverglen.com/deals.
• Ready the minivan: Magic Mountain encourages skiers to save gas and money. On Carpool Wednesdays (every non-holiday Wednesday), a car with at least four passengers gets lift tickets for the entire car for $80. If you have an eight-seater van, it’s only $10 a lift ticket. On other midweek days, non-holiday only, three or more in a car get $25 lift tickets per person. Londonderry. www.magicmtn.com.
• If you are bringing small children to the slopes, get a deal on childcare at Smugglers’ Notch. December 12-29 and January 4-24, 2009, childcare is 50 percent off. Go for a week and get the seventh night free when you arrive between January 25 and February 1, 2009. Smugglers’ Notch. www.smuggs.com.
• If time is money, Mont-Tremblant Resort has its second year of flights from Newark right to the resort, a 90-minute flight. The seasonal service on Continental runs Thursday-Monday, December 18-March 29, 2009. www.continental.com or www.tremblant.ca.