Vegan Berry Cupcakes Recipe
Want more family activity ideas?
Get things to do with your kids
Delivered right to your inbox
7. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pans for five minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to let cool completely.
8. Once they are completely cool, pipe a swirl of buttercream on each cupcake, and decorate the tops with sliced strawberries in an attractive pattern, or decorate as you wish.
Note: If you make the Buttercream, More or Less with Strawberry Sauce substituted for both the extracts, you get a lovely pretty pale pink icing that is also subtly flavored.
Makes about 1¼ to 1½ cups sauce
(No nuts, no soy, no sugar, no wheat)
Perfect as a topping for ice cream or oatmeal, as well as in these cupcakes!
- 4 cups frozen or fresh strawberries
- 1-4 cup water
- 1-4 cup agave nectar
1. Combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan and heat over medium to high heat, then boil, stirring occasionally, until thick and syrupy and the volume has reduced to half (about 20 minutes after the berries have started to boil).
2. Let cool to room temperature and blend until smooth. Pass through a sieve to remove the seeds, if desired. Store the sauce in a covered container in the fridge until required. Return any refrigerated sauce to room temperature prior to using.
Same as strawberry sauce, but with fresh or frozen raspberries.
Recipes from "Quick and Easy Vegan Bake Sale: More Than 150 Delicious Sweet and Savory Vegan Treats Perfect for Sharing," copyright © Carla Kelly, 2011. Reprinted by permission of the publisher, The Experiment, LLC.
Also see: How to Store and Freeze Baked Goods