These grounds are a real gem for lovers of gardens and history. For someone who loves exploring, especially when it feels like a discovery, this park really captured my heart. These gardens are truly a relic of another time.
Tips for Visiting Untermyer Gardens
- The park is free and open to the public from 7am to sunset daily.
- Best time to visit is during the summer, when the gardens are in full bloom.
- Strollers are allowed, but there are areas not accessible with wheels.
- There are no food vendors although there are picnic tables if you bring your own food.
- Dogs are not allowed.
- Restrooms, water fountains, and pamphlets with a park map are available at the community center (which is in the parking lot).
- There is free parking in two small lots next to the community center at Untermyer. In addition, there is street parking along North Broadway.
- For public transportation click here.
- Visit untermyergardens.org for more information and a full schedule of history and horticulture tours (small fee). The grounds are open year-round for free, self-guided tours.