Some SAT Testing Centers Closed, Not Offering this Weekend's Exam
College Board is offering at-home AP exams in the spring and more SAT testing days in the fall.
Get fall activities sent to you
Get things to do with your kids
Delivered right to your inbox
Changes to the Advanced Placement Exams for 2019-2020
In addition to the above changes to the SAT, the College Board also made changes to the Advanced Placement exams for 2019-2020, offering the tests fully online in the spring (decisions have not been made for the 2020-2021 school year yet). The College Board said it surveyed 18,000 AP students to see if they still wanted the opportunity to take AP exams in the spring. “Their answer: a resounding yes,” according to the College Board website.
- They will be open book / open note, like many college-level exams.
- Tests will be 45 minutes for most subjects, with an additional 5 minutes for uploading.
- Students will be able to take exams on any device they have access to.
- Students will be able to type and upload responses or handwrite responses and upload a photo.
- Each subject’s exam will be administered on the same day, at the same time, worldwide.
For more information about ongoing changes to SAT and AP exams for the 2020-2021 school year due to the coronavirus pandemic, visit collegeboard.org.