How to Spend the Day at Children’s Museum of Manhattan
This is what you need to know about visiting CMOM with your kids—and the museum’s must-see exhibits.
Plan Epic Summer Outings - Get Activities Sent to You!
Never Hear “I’m Bored!”
How Children’s Museum of Manhattan is Keeping Guests Safe
In response to the pandemic, CMOM has adopted the following health and safety guidelines, among others:
- All visitors must reserve timed tickets online
- All adults and children over the age of 2 must wear masks
- Guest and staff must have their temperature checked
- Social distancing is enforced by reducing capacity for family tours
- All staff members wear masks and a shield
- Staff frequently wash hands and regularly disinfect equipment
- Hand sanitizer stations are available on each floor
- No food or beverages are allowed
Visiting the Children’s Museum of Manhattan
Where is the Children’s Museum of Manhattan located?
The Children’s Museum of Manhattan is located in the Tisch Building at 212 W. 83rd St., Upper West Side.
When are the Children’s Museum of Manhattan hours?
The Children’s Museum of Manhattan is open Wednesday-Sunday, 9:30am-4:45pm. Visitors must reserve a timed ticket online prior to visiting.
How can I get to the Children’s Museum of Manhattan?
In addition to driving, you can get to CMOM by various public transit options:
- By Bus: If you’re on the west side, you can take the M7, M10, M11, or M104 to 83rd Street. If you’re on the east side, you’ll want to get to the Upper East Side and take the M79 or M86 across Central Park and get off at Broadway.
- By Subway: You can take the 1 to 79th or 86th streets, or the B or C to 81st or 86th streets.
- Accessible Travel: For an accessible subway station, take the 1, 2, or 3 to 72nd Street, then either head 9 blocks north on Broadway, or transfer to the uptown M7, M11, or M104 bus to 83rd Street.
Is there parking at the Children’s Museum of Manhattan?
There is no parking on-site. A parking lot nearby is SP+ Parking, located at 157 W. 83rd St, Upper West Side.
How much is admission at the Children’s Museum of Manhattan?
Tickets are $15; $12 for seniors ages 65 and older and visitors with disabilities; and free for children younger than 1. These prices are per tour; each tour must be booked separately.
Can I become a Children’s Museum of Manhattan member?
Absolutely! The Children’s Museum of Manhattan includes five levels of memberships. Benefits include unlimited free admission, free admission for nannies and caregivers, invitations to members-only events, access to private playgroups and learning pods, discount at a local parking garage, and more.