Glittery Crafts for the Holiday Season
Bring some extra shimmer to the holidays with these easy crafts!
Be the first to know!
Get the most exciting updates from NYMetroParents
What you’ll need:
- Plain art canvas
- Masking tape
- Mod podge
- Tape off canvas to create the pattern you want to make.
- Paint over canvas with mod podge.
- Pour on your glitter.
- Let dry, then tap the canvas over a piece of paper to shed any excess glitter.
- Carefully peel off tape.
Give the gift of glitter this season with glitter ornaments!
All you need is:
- Glass bulb ornaments
- Floor finish
- Piece of paper
- Fine glitter
- Remove metal ornament caps and pour a tablespoon of floor finish into each bulb.
- Use paper to funnel glitter into bulbs, then swirl the bulbs around to coat the inside of the ornament with the glitter mixture.
- Pour out excess mixture and let bulbs dry for 10 minutes before replacing metal caps. Tie off each ornament with a sparkly bow and share the shimmer with friends and family this year.
Excerpted from “Glitter!” by Adams Media. Copyright © 2018 Adams Media, a division of Simon and Schuster. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved. Interior design and images by Colleen Cunningham.