Bring some extra shimmer to the holidays with these easy crafts!
What you’ll need:
- Plain art canvas
- Masking tape
- Mod podge
- Tape off canvas to create the pattern you want to make.
- Paint over canvas with mod podge.
- Pour on your glitter.
- Let dry, then tap the canvas over a piece of paper to shed any excess glitter.
- Carefully peel off tape.
Give the gift of glitter this season with glitter ornaments!
All you need is:
- Glass bulb ornaments
- Floor finish
- Piece of paper
- Fine glitter
- Remove metal ornament caps and pour a tablespoon of floor finish into each bulb.
- Use paper to funnel glitter into bulbs, then swirl the bulbs around to coat the inside of the ornament with the glitter mixture.
- Pour out excess mixture and let bulbs dry for 10 minutes before replacing metal caps. Tie off each ornament with a sparkly bow and share the shimmer with friends and family this year.
Excerpted from “Glitter!” by Adams Media. Copyright © 2018 Adams Media, a division of Simon and Schuster. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved. Interior design and images by Colleen Cunningham.