A Guide to Great Wolf Lodge Pocono Mountains with Young Kids
Awesome Family Outings—Get Activities in Your Inbox!
Tired of Hearing “I’m Bored”?
The waterpark is enough to keep any family busy for the majority of the day, but there is so much more to explore. Here are some other of Great Wolf Lodges’ offerings for young kids:
Ten Paw Alley: A mini bowling alley with half-length lanes and five-pound balls.
Howl at the Moon Glow Golf: This glow-in-the-dark mini golf course is great for young kids, but not so much for toddlers. My little one found the black-lit creature just a tiny bit scary.
Creation Station and Clubhouse Crew: Create your very own Great Wolf Kids character and then take part in a fun interactive game around the lodge. My son’s favorite was Oliver the raccoon.
Other fun amenities include: the Northern Lights Arcade, Howly Wood XD Theater, MagiQuest Game, Scoops Kid Spa, and the Howlers Peak Ropes Course, which my kids were just a little too young to enjoy.
Room Options at Great Wolf Lodge
There are a few room options to choose from. We stayed in a Family Suite which is suitiable for a family of four with young kids. Other fun options in include the KidKamp Suite, the Wolf Den Suite and the Kid Cabin Suite, which are all log-cabin themed suites with designated areas for kids.
Great Wolf Lodge has also just started its Wine Down Service for mom and dad. It has teamed up with The Wine Group to develop a menu that features both sweet and savory culinary treats with wine pairings that can be delivered to the guestrooms after their children go to bed. From the “Kids Snoring, More Pinot Noir-ing” to “It’s Been A Fun-Filled Day, Time For Some Cabernet,” parents can now choose from four wine and pairing packages.
The service will launch after Memorial Day at the Williamsburg, Virginia, and Grapevine, Texas Great Wolf Lodge locations....for now.
Tips for Visiting Great Wolf Lodge
- No need to bring towels, plenty are provided.
- If you’re travelling with small kids, ask for a room at the end of the hall. It’s much quieter and you can avoid hearing the Magic Quest happenings that go on until late.
- There’s a fridge and microwave in each room so feel free to bring some snacks and drinks from home.
- Bring extra toiletries for the family and a cover-up for getting to and from the waterpark, although many people walk around in just their swimsuits.
- I suggest investing in the Paw Pass, which will save you some money on many of the amenities mentioned above.
All photos courtesy Great Wolf Resorts, Inc.