1 can refrigerated biscuits
1 cup pizza sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 package sliced pepperoni
1 green and yellow pepper sliced
1 can of sliced olives
1. Press each biscuit into a 6-inch round. Place on two large, greased cookie sheets. Have the kids top each with pizza sauce and then decorate their pizzas with toppings such as pepperoni, green and yellow peppers, and olives for eyes.
2. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes or until bottoms are deep golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
Turtle Shortbread Cookies
Makes 12-16 cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon salt
8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Wisk together flour and salt in a bowl. In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter until fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add sugar, and continue to beat until pale and fluffy, occasionally scraping down the sides of bowl, approximately 2 minutes more. Beat in vanilla. Add flour mixture, and mix on low speed until flour is just incorporated and dough sticks together when squeezed with fingers.
2. Separate half the dough into another bowl. In the second bowl, add green dye until it blends smoothly. Turn out dough, forming into two disks; wrap each in plastic separately. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
3. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Roll out the green disk to a ¼-inch thickness and cut out turtle-like shapes using desired cookie cutter. Remove the inner part of the turtle near the stomach, cutting out a circle for the turtle shell. Using the un-dyed dough, fill in the empty circle and transfer to prepared baking sheets. Reroll scraps and cut more shapes.
4. Refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes. Bake until firm and golden, 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
5. Top turtles with chocolate syrup to create desired appearance.
Toxic Ooze Jell-O
Makes 24 Jell-O molds
4 packages of sugar-free lime gelatin or Jell-O
4 cups boiling water
2 cups cold water
1 jar unsweetened organic applesauce
Low-fat Cool Whip
Sugar-free sprinkles (optional)
1. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water and applesauce. Pour into small plastic cups with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 8 hours overnight.
2. Pop out Jell-O molds and top off with low-fat Cool Whip and sugar-free sprinkles (if desired).
Cornelia Guest is the owner of Manhattan-based catering company Cornelia Guest Events.
For more information, visit corneliaguest.com.