It's the Intrepid Sea Air & Space Museum Kids Week
Through this Friday, Feb. 19, the Intrepid Sea Air & Space Museum is hosting its annual Kids Week virtually.
Get kid-friendly activities sent to you!
Get the Best Kid-Friendly Activities
Sent to You Weekly!
Friday, Feb. 19
- 10:15am: Robofun: Video Game Coding Workshop Kids can watch an entire video game being made from beginning to end using a software called Scratch. Discover how you can put together pieces of code to structure your own games, from a "maze" game to a "platform" game, to their own version of "Space Invaders." (Recommended for ages 7-12)
- 11:00am: Intrepid Museum Education Program: Star Stories For millennia, people have gazed at the night sky and created stories about the pictures they see there. These same stars and constellations also allowed sailors to find their way back to port. Using images of the night sky, stories from different cultures and examples of simple navigation tools, a Museum educator will help participants view the sky in a whole new way.
- 12pm: Presentation by NASA Astronaut Stephen G. Bowen Hear from NASA Astronaut Stephen G. Bowen as he talks about his time in space.
- 1pm: Science Friyay Activities with Theanne Griffith, Bill Doyle, Jennifer L. Holm, and John Rocco Join us for a live science experiment with Theanne Griffith (The Magnificent Makers) followed by an additional live Escape This! activity played out by authors Jennifer Holm (The Lion of Mars), John Rocco (How We Got to the Moon), and Bill Doyle (Escape This Book! Race to the Moon). (Recommended for ages 7-12) Viewers will need to print this sheet out to follow along with author participants.
- 2pm: Kerbal Space Academy Learn the basics of designing and launching a rocket using a physics simulation game from the Kerbal Space Program.
- 3pm: Virtual Tour of the Intrepid Museum Join a Museum educator on a virtual tour of the Intrepid Museum using the Google Arts and Culture site to explore the history of the ship and the crew who served from 1943-1974. (All Ages)
Tour the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space museum virtually here.