As long as parents give consent, kids can leave schools to participate in the march that will begin with a rally in Foley Square.
- A Green New Deal: “transforming our economy into 100% green, renewable energy by 2030 and phasing out all fossil fuel extraction through a just and equitable transition.”
- Respect for Indigenous Land and Sovereignty: “Honor the treaties protecting Indigenous lands, waters, and sovereignty by the immediate halt of all construction, leasing, and permitting for resource extraction, processing and infrastructure projects affecting or on Indigenous lands.”
- Environmental Justice: “A transition that invests in prosperity for communities on the frontlines of poverty and pollution”; “Welcoming those displaced by the cumulative effects of the climate crisis, economic inequality, violence, and lack of opportunity.”
- Protection and Restoration of Biodiversity: “Protection and restoration of 50% of the world’s lands and oceans including a halt to all deforestation by 2030.”
- Implementation of Sustainable Agriculture: “Investment in farmers and regenerative agriculture and an end to subsidies for industrial agriculture.”
For more information on the goals of the strike, and to sign up (yourself or your kids!), head to the strike’s website.