Six Flags Great Adventure's Drive-Through Safari to Open May 30
Your family will be able to see exotic animals in person when Six Flags opens its safari for guests to drive through in their own vehicles.
Great Family Activities Sent To You!
Get Great Family Activities!!
The drive-through safari is just way Six Flags has stepped up to serve families in the area in 2020. Earlier this year, all locations of Six Flags Great Adventure earned a Certified Autism Center™ designation from the International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards. The theme park already hosts annual Autism Days, during which children on the spectrum and their families have free reign of the park, which is transformed into a sensory-friendly space with lowered light and noise levels, short lines, and decompression areas so everyone is comfortable. To earn the Certified Autism Center™ designation, at least 80 percent of guest-facing staff had to complete a training and certification program through IBCCES, and each location also provides:
- Trained staff who can identify visual cues that will help accommodate all guests
- A sensory guide for each ride and attraction, so guests can make informed choices about which rides they will enjoy
- In-park sensory spaces where guests can relax if things get overwhelming
- Expanded food options to meet everyone’s dietary needs
- Accessibility Guides, which are available at each park and on the Six Flags website
For more information about the drive-through safari and to reserve tickets online, visit sixflags.com/greatadventure.