Six Flags Great Adventure's Drive-Through Safari to Open May 30
Your family will be able to see exotic animals in person when Six Flags opens its safari for guests to drive through in their own vehicles.
Get can’t-miss family activities sent to you!
Get the Best Family Activities
- keeping all window, doors, and convertible tops closed
- no feeding or touching the animals
- no smoking or littering
- no stopping cars (except to yield for animals)
- only cars, SUVs, and consumer pickup trucks with empty beds are allowed
- following the 5mph speed limit, with ample space between other cars and animals
And though the theme park will remain closed until it’s allowed to re-open per the health and safety guidelines set forth by the state, you can still catch some thrills of riding the roller coasters. When you get home from your drive-through safari experience, you can virtually ride some of Six Flags’ roller coasters, including El Toro, Bizarro, Kingda Ka, Nitro, Green Lantern, Batman the Ride, and Superman Ultimate Flight.
The drive-through safari is just way Six Flags has stepped up to serve families in the area in 2020. Earlier this year, all locations of Six Flags Great Adventure earned a Certified Autism Center™ designation from the International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards. The theme park already hosts annual Autism Days, during which children on the spectrum and their families have free reign of the park, which is transformed into a sensory-friendly space with lowered light and noise levels, short lines, and decompression areas so everyone is comfortable. To earn the Certified Autism Center™ designation, at least 80 percent of guest-facing staff had to complete a training and certification program through IBCCES, and each location also provides:
- Trained staff who can identify visual cues that will help accommodate all guests
- A sensory guide for each ride and attraction, so guests can make informed choices about which rides they will enjoy
- In-park sensory spaces where guests can relax if things get overwhelming
- Expanded food options to meet everyone’s dietary needs
- Accessibility Guides, which are available at each park and on the Six Flags website
For more information about the drive-through safari and to reserve tickets online, visit sixflags.com/greatadventure.