Get our weekly guide to the best local family events!
As we head into the final weeks of the year, our region comes alive with holiday activities for kids. Just walking down the street becomes an adventure filled with lights and music, whether you’re marveling at a neighbor’s holiday display, seeing the department store windows in NYC, or visiting a mall’s Christmas village. With winter break approaching, there are hundreds of choices for family activities, no matter what age your kids or what they’re interested in; here are some of our favorites:
1. See the department store window displays in Manhattan.
2. Head to a holiday train show in our region.
3. Enter the Caring Kids Contest and tell us about the great community service and volunteer work your family does to give back. The deadline for submissions has been extended to Dec. 16!
4. Attend a local production of The Nutcracker:
5. Discover a kid-friendly museum near you that fits your interests.
6. Check out the immersive kid’s theater experience Pip’s Island.
7. Need a Christmas tree? Try cutting your own tree at one of these farms in the region.
8. Add some fun to your Hanukkah celebration by visiting some of these places around New York for discovering Jewish culture and history.
9. Still not sure what to do? Use these seven ‘staycation’ itineraries to plan the perfect winter break.
10. Search for more of the best kids' events in our calendar or receive them in your in-box with our weekly newsletter.
Woodhaven Boulevard and Forest Park Drive
Woodhaven, NY 11421
Pier 62 at Hudson River Park (by Chelsea Piers)
New York, NY 10011
Queens, NY 11368
New York, NY 10036
FIND LOCAL EVENTS:
Sep 23, 2017
May 18, 2015
Jun 26, 2017
Sep 06, 2017
Aug 31, 2017
Aug 30, 2017
Aug 24, 2017
NYMetroParents directories list the best businesses, professionals, and resources in your area. Click your region and get started!
Get NY MetroParents via Email