Get our weekly guide to the best local family events!
Summer is in full swing and the kids are out of school, so it’s time to get out and enjoy all that our region has to offer this time of year. Whether your family prefers relaxing on the beach, hitting the town like tourists, or being active, there is plenty going on to make it a summer to remember. Here are our top suggestions for things to do with kids in NYC and the surrounding suburbs for July:
1. Hit the waves, or just play with the sand, at one of the best area beaches.
2. Pack up lunch and head to one of these top picnic spots.
3. Enjoy the sea (or at least a local lake) with one of these area boat rides.
4. Hear great music at one of these free concerts in NYC, Long Island, or Westchester, Rockland, and Fairfield.
5. Experience the iconic Ferris wheel and other rides, relax at the beach, and grab a Nathan’s hotdog at Coney Island.
6. Hang with the wolves for a unique experience with nature at the Wolf Conservation Center in South Salem, NY.
7.Head to Staten Island to visit the historic Alice Austen House.
8. Check off items from our ultimate NYC family bucket list, featuring the top 50 things all kids should do before they grow up.
9. Check out our weekly newsletter to discover the best kids' activities and events near you all year round!
165 Eileen Way
Syosset, NY 11791
Pier 62 at Hudson River Park (by Chelsea Piers)
New York, NY 10011
Woodhaven Boulevard and Forest Park Drive
Woodhaven, NY 11421
FIND LOCAL EVENTS:
Sep 22, 2017
May 18, 2015
Jun 26, 2017
Sep 14, 2017
Sep 06, 2017
Aug 30, 2017
Aug 24, 2017
NYMetroParents directories list the best businesses, professionals, and resources in your area. Click your region and get started!
Get NY MetroParents via Email