Three Swashbuckling Inspired Recipes for Pirate Party Grub
Get family activities sent to you
Get things to do with your kids
Delivered right to your inbox
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pat legs dry, then brush liberally with your favorite barbecue sauce (or use sauce below).
3. Place legs in a deep pan and roast for 2 to 2½ hours or until internal temperature is 180 degrees. Spray with cooking oil after 1 hour to prevent dryness.
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- 2 cups ketchup
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ tablespoon dry mustard
- 1½ cups honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1. In a medium saucepan, combine all the ingredients with 1 cup water and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, for 1½ hours, stirring occasionally.
Tip: The sauce can be made a day in advance and kept in the refrigerator, tightly covered.