1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pat legs dry, then brush liberally with your favorite barbecue sauce (or use sauce below).
3. Place legs in a deep pan and roast for 2 to 2½ hours or until internal temperature is 180 degrees. Spray with cooking oil after 1 hour to prevent dryness.
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- 2 cups ketchup
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ tablespoon dry mustard
- 1½ cups honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1. In a medium saucepan, combine all the ingredients with 1 cup water and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, for 1½ hours, stirring occasionally.
Tip: The sauce can be made a day in advance and kept in the refrigerator, tightly covered.