The Best Way to Visit the Liberty Science Center With Kids
Liberty Science Center reopens to the general public Labor Day Weekend, on Saturday at at 10am.
Get family activities sent to you
Get things to do with your kids
Delivered right to your inbox
Other exhibits to get excited about include:
- Angry Birds Universe— This exhibit takes guests into the world of Angry Birds for adventures in science, tech, engineering, arts, and math
- Wild Kratts: Creature Power— Based on the popular PBS Kids series, this exhibit is all about discovering wild animals and their creature powers
- Wild About Animals— Naked mole rats, red-footed tortoises, a rose hair tarantula, and more!
- Microbes Rule!—Step into a microscope lens and discover these organisms in a new way.
- Our Hudson Home—The Hudson River is home to thousands of species. Discover the importance of this river.
- Boom Time—Who doesn't like to watch things explode?
- Hoberman Sphere—Hundreds of scissor-like connectors expand and contract the globe all day.
- Kitty Hawk Flyer—See some revolutionary tech, including the Flyer from Kitty Hawk.
- Pixel Art—A giant wall installation made of 952 pixel dials, each containing more than 1,000 possible color combinations which you rotate to turn on.
- Wonder Why—Create, think, observe, and explore!
- Bees to Bots—Peer inside the honey bee hive to see real bees at work.
- Universe Revealed—Take a selfie with some of the most gorgeous sights in the universe.
- Pixelpalooza—How do computers analyze motion? Wave and leap around to clear pixels and uncover a hidden picture.
Know before you go:
- The Liberty Science Center is located at 222 Jersey City Boulevard in Liberty State Park, New Jersey.
- It is accessible by all modes of transportation, including via the Liberty Landing Ferry from Manhattan.
- On opening weekend, it will be open 10am-5pm
- Beginning on Thursday, regular hours will be Thursdays and Fridays, 10am-4pm and Saturdays and Sundays, 10am-5pm
- Parking can be purchased in advance and is highly recommended
- Admission: Premium pass (general admission + two planetarium shows), $34.99; $29.99 children 2-12; $31.99 seniors 62+. Combination pass (general admission + one planetarium show), $29.99; $24.99 children 2-12; $26.99 seniors 62+ . General admission (LSC exhibits, free science demos and labs, all-day admission) $24.99; $19.99 children 2-12; $21.99 seniors 62+
- No eating or drinking in the building. Some snacks and drinks will be available for purchase with picnic tables outside
Main photo courtesy of Liberty Science Center