GreenThumb's 40th Annual Harvest Fair
- Sep. 21, 2019, 12-4pm
- Brooklyn Bears Pacific Street Community Garden
- 590 Pacific Street, Boerum Hill
This annual celebration honors thousands of community gardeners and greening professionals across New York City for their work during the season and gives our GreenThumb gardeners the opportunity to show off their harvest.
Festivities will include:
- Annual Harvest Fair Competition for gardeners from registered GreenThumb Community Gardens. Registration for Harvest Fair Contest takes place from 11:00 a.m. to noon. Please read more about our competition rules and categories [PDF].
- The Fresh Chef Contest will challenge 10 community members to create their most delicious and nutritious dish with local and healthy ingredients. The event will conclude in crowning a winner chosen by a VIP panel of foodies and chefs. Ages 16 and up are welcome to participate. Pre-registration is required, and registration will close when the contest has reached capacity. The contest will be held from noon to 3:00 p.m. For more information on rules and regulations and to sign up to participate in the 5th Annual GreenThumb Fresh Chef Contest, please visit bit.ly/FreshChefContestRegistration19. Deadline to register is Tuesday, September 3rd or until capacity has been reached.
Activities for all ages (while supplies last) include:
- Live entertainment
- Cooking demonstrations
- Arts and crafts
- Bike Smoothies
- Make a Scarecrow
- Workshop: Grow Your Own Sprouts
- and much more!
Rain or Shine | Free!