At this year's July 4th Macy's Fireworks celebration, four fireworks barges will be stationed along the East River between Broad Street and the Brooklyn Bridge, making the iconic Brooklyn Bridge the star of the show! The best places to see the show live, in person are:
The elevated portions of the FDR, with entry points at:
• Broad and Water streets: the southernmost spot to view the fireworks from downtown
• Pearl and Dover streets: get close to the action at this location near the Brooklyn Bridge
• Robert F. Wagner Sr. and St. James places: a front-row view of the pyrotechnics
• Pearl Street and St. James Place: a great vantage point
• Montgomery and Cherry streets: this Lower East Side spot has views of the bridge and barges
Plus, you can see the show from the Lower Promenade, with entry points at:
• Pike Slip and Cherry Street: steps from the nearby Manhattan Bridge
• Market and Cherry streets: ADA viewing will be available here at the Murray Bergtraum High School Track and Field Facility at the base of the Manhattan Bridge entrance at these cross streets
If you're planning to view from one of these spots, leave the backpacks, lawn chairs, blankets, large coolers, umbrellas, and alcoholic beverages at home. And make sure to get there early, as viewing spots will close once they're at capacity, and you'll have to move on to another one.
If you'd rather avoid the crowds and watch from the comfort of your home, you'll be able to see a variety of performers, including Luke Bryan, Ciara, Khalid, Maren Morris, and Brad Paisley. Tune in to NBC from 8-10pm for the live broadcast.
Brooklyn Heights, NY 10038